Current reality Story to Stop SIP



Couldn't sleep last night. Got the bad news of the salary cut by 20,000 And then the boss kept an early morning meeting of 9 am. Less salary, more work. Was literally confused how to cope up with the loss of 20,000

After the meeting, the first thing I did was stopped my SIP of 20,000. I don't need that money tomorrow anyway. Savings can always wait. Neel is only 6 years old now, and I will be needing money for his foreign education only after 12 years, what's the hurry!

But, I don't know how? Within an hour of SIP stopping, I got a call from my adviser he had only advised me to restart the SIP I told him clearly, there is no scope to continue the SIP. Already there is a lot of stress in life, you please don't give me your “gyaan” (knowledge)

Though I was shouting, my adviser as usual, was very calm. He just asked me to make my monthly budget again and check what expenses have gone down and he will c

all back again tomorrow Haven't got the time throughout the day, let me try to do it now.

Let me see where can I reduce my expenses

1. Home Loan/Car Loan EMI – No savings

2. Neel's School Fee – No change in fees

3. Electricity/Phone/Household expenses – No change in other expenses, but if AC is on for the whole day, the electricity bill will increase by 2,000

4. Internet – A broadband connection is a must now, with so much data usage. Extra 1,000 expense of internet

5. Petrol – Work from Home is on, no office trips, no weekend trips. 5,000 saved on petrol

6. Movies – One movie with family costs 2,000, monthly 2 movies. Currently no scope of going to theaters. 4,000 saved

7. Eating out – One-time restaurant bill 2,000. 4 weekends 8,000. This also saved

8. Shopping – No outing, no parties, no functions, so no new clothes, no new shoes. Monthly 5,000 saved

9. Gym – Really need to go to the gym!! Don't know when gyms will open, but need to stay fit. I'll buy a treadmill on EMI. Will run at home only. 2,000 EMI of the treadmill. Increased expense

10. Trip – Nepal Trip planned for the year cancelled. 1 Lac saved. Monthly saving 8,000

Let's see what's the total
Increase – Electricity 2,000 + Internet 1,000 + Treadmill 2000 = 5,000
Decrease – Petrol 5,000 + Movies 4,000 + Eating out 8,000 + Shopping 5,000 + Trip 8,000 = 30,000

Seriously!! Means Net Expenses down by 25,000!! Let me check again!! This can't be true!!

Rechecked and Verified. Salary down 20,000, Expense down 25,000!!! I never really thought about this. So many other wasteful expenses will also reduce, Bottled water @50/L, Parking, game zone. Just think about it, was spending Rs. 250 on daal in a restaurant!! Dalgona coffee at home tastes better than Star bucks coffee for 400! Will write name on the cup with my own hands!!

Thank you, to my adviser my friend for guiding me and opening my eyes I was so tense for the whole day thinking that my salary has reduced, but actually, my expenses have gone down too. No question of stopping my SIP now Neel will go to Oxford University only for his studies. I am thinking of increasing my SIP by 5,000 I also need to retire early!!

 This is a story of many people since lock down, every investor can relate to this and should rethink about STOP their monthly SIP.

Dream - Plan - Invest - Enjoy

|| Stay Safe || Stay Healthy || Stay Home ||

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Important Points for Life Insurance

Rationalization & Categorization of Mutual Fund